It seems of late that I am very slack at finishing things. I have so many Works in Progress that I really don’t know where to start. I figure if I make a nice long and boring list here, perhaps I will feel accountable and actually get some of it done.
Around the House
- Get rid of the toddler bed that is in the girl-childs room. The plan was that it would be used as a window seat/couch for her but instead it is just a storage place for all of her bits and pieces and makes her room look even messier than it needs to be. As I dismantle the bed, I will help her clean out the piles of stuff she has shoved in every nook and cranny. Anyone need an Ikea extendable bed?
- Fix the drawers under the bed in boy-childs room. He normally stores his nerf guns in the drawers but since they don’t work properly, he has an excuse for leaving them lying about.
- Donate toys and books that haven’t been played with or read in forever.
- De-bomb my study. My study area is basically a dumping ground for anything that doesn’t have a house. It is filled with art and craft stuff, knitting and sewing, about a million different projects in varying stages of completion. I really should be ruthless and work out what can be done, get it done or get rid of it. If I can manage to do that then perhaps there is a chance there will be a space available to actually work in!
- Ebay or donate stuff that we don’t need.
- I really need to start studying. I am doing 2 subjects at the moment that I really haven’t started. I have assessments for both due in 2 weeks and barely know where to begin. I am hoping that if I get a study space sorted, whether it is my study or the space the kids use, I might get some work done.
- Realistically, I should apply for study leave that way I have no excuses and have to get some work done.
- More exercise. I am back running (well except for the last 3 days when I couldn’t be far from a bathroom!) I am feeling good but my ankle still isn’t back to full strength so I need to do more of the exercises that the physio has suggested to prevent further injury when I go back to netball this week.
- Empty my draft folder. There are heaps of posts in varying degrees of completion in my draft folder that I need to either post or delete. If I am going to be ruthless around the house I need to do the same here.