I have called this the Ouch Edition because as I sit here typing away, my body hurts. My legs are aching and the thought of having to go upstairs to do anything hurts. I can’t decide if it hurts more walking up the stairs or back down again so I shall sit here instead. To top it off, my head hurts too, I think that the Winter grumbles are about to hit.
- I walked 4 mornings this week (I called Monday’s walk off when I woke to the sound of heavy rain and a sore throat. The thought of being cold wet and miserable as I exercised on a day that was sure to be miserable without the cold and wet as it included a funeral, wasn’t going to be good.)
- I have restarted the 200 situps challenge (Friday’s situps WILL be done today! I really must remember to set a reminder.)
- Kokoda training, now that is where the ouch comes in. We went to a local apartment building and climbed the stairs. It was a 20 story building and after the 2nd trip up and down (40 flights) things started to hurt. We kept on climbing for over an hour and I think I climbed 130 flights of stairs. For about 100 of them I was carrying my pack.
- Our hot tub is working again. I would hate to think how sore I would be if I didn’t have a nice long soak.
- Work was only mildly crazy and as a bonus I am NOT working this weekend. I should however do some study.
- Netball was played but I was too sore to actually do too much running or jumping as a result of Kokoda training.
- Man-child was away for the bulk of the week so the juggle of work, kids and activities was nuts so I had to be organised enough to have meals planned in advance. Most of my quick fix meals include pasta so I skipped a few meals and opted for chocolate instead.
- I did stretch after training but clearly it wasn’t enough and I say again OUCH!
- Blah, blah, food choices, digestive issues and crampy gurgly disgustingness, blah, blah, blah.
- I forgot to order our fruit and vege delivery so we had to make do with the dregs in the fridge.
- There is STILL chocolate lying about the house so I am still eating way too much of it.
- Watching me walk up or down stairs. It hurts so much that I waddle more than walk. If I have to stand on my toes the calves scream in pain. If it didn’t hurt so much it would be funny. (Written yesterday but I forgot to post – good news, after 2 more hot tubs and another nights sleep I can walk almost normally!)
- To keep on training.
- To eat good food more frequently.
- Reduce my chocolate intake.