I contemplated going back and doing a post for the Battle of the Blogger Butts Challenge but as I started to draft the post in my head I thought of the old saying ‘If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all’ and after my less than stellar performance of late (and a week that was even more impressive for all the wrong reasons, I have decided to skip the GOOD, the BAD and the UGLY for this week and instead post about my exercise and food aims for the coming week that will hopefully continue through term 2.
- Morning Run/Walk – I will train every school day. (This week is only a 3 day school week so it should ease me back into training ‘gently’) When I began this challenge I was running 5 or 6 days a week but fell off the wagon a while back. I need to get back on the wagon but my needs have changed. I don’t need the running fitness that I had, I need strength training. My morning run will now become a walk and I will walk the 4km with a weighted backpack. Depending on how much rice I have in the garage will decide the weight I begin with but I hope to build up to 10kg by next week.
- Official Training – Kokoda training is back this week with a session on Wednesday and this will continue until we set off in 73 days! That is 10 Wednesday training sessions. This week we are scheduled to do a beep test. I HATE the beep test! Is it wrong that I hope that I end up facilitating this session rather than participating?
- Hiking – I am heading back to Mt Macedon again this weekend for a 3-4 hour hike and hope to cover about 8-10km up and down the mountain a few times. I hope my pack is up to 10kg by Saturday. I will do a similar hike at least once every 2 weeks until Kokoda.
- Netball is back this week so I will be playing again on Tuesday.
- I have been eating really badly during the holidays, blaming an overabundance of chocolate in the house, being too busy to cook and generally not feeling hungry at all. I have had days where all I have eaten is chocolate, blocks of chocolate not just little bars of chocolate. Well the holidays are over and so is my chocolate cop-out. I would like to limit myself to one piece a day but I think the temptation to keep on eating will be too much (I admit, I have no self control) so I will try to eat only the chocolate a colleague feeds me at work.
- I will change my mantra from ‘chocolate is the only food group’ to ‘chocolate is a treat; a small, only sometimes treat’.
- I will find time to make real meals for myself. The kids are always fed well but with me not eating gluten means that I don’t always make ‘special’ food for me.