Have I mentioned that I like taking part in this challenge, it keeps me motivated. Is it only me that finds it is easier to just get up and run than it is to formulate a blog post explaining why I didn’t run or exercise!
- I ran 4 mornings this week (but slept in Friday morning after the working week of doom)
- I have continued with my 200 situps challenge (Friday’s situps WILL be done tonight!) and have discovered that full situps take longer to do and hurt more!
- I started the official training for Kokoda on Monday. It was a mini session – an hour and a half of stair climbs and hill walks.
- I played netball, first in a work team in a corporate competition – 5 games in a day and also in my regular Thursday night team. I must be getting fitter, I still had energy and could have kept playing in the corporate competition but we just missed out on the finals.
- NO Cadbury Creme Eggs were eaten at all this week
- I worked like a crazy person this week – 20 hours over the weekend and another 45 hours over 4 days plus study so I really didn’t eat well. I prepared meals for the family but didn’t have time to join the family in sharing the healthy food.
- I think chocolate is more than a food group for me it has become my entire diet.
- I have to make time to add in a true warm up and cool down for training sessions (any suggestions?)
- I need to learn how to stretch properly – after the stair session on Monday my butt was screaming at me to make it stop hurting.
- Blah, blah, food choices, digestive issues and crampy gurgly disgustingness, blah, blah, blah.
- An excess of netball can lead to ouch – I managed to split my second toenail, right down the middle back toward the nail-bed. It didn’t hurt until it snagged on something and I tore off almost half of my toenail, now the other half catches on everything and it likely to rip off eventually.
- I am officially now on the waiting list for more prodding, poking and invasive cameras. Answers would be nice but honestly, I am in no real hurry!
My aims for next week
- To keep on running.
- To eat good food more frequently. Again hooray for the organic fruit delivery!
- To keep on with the official training for Kokoda and contemplate buying a giant bag of rice to take walking with me to work on leg strength and additional weight bearing.