It is back to school eve and the kids are in bed all ready for the big day. Man-child is playing poker and I am procrastinating so I have decided to join Thursday Thirteen. My theme – why back to school makes me happy.
- I am a creature of habit. I like knowing what is happening and when it is happening and having some planned activities for the kids.
- Having to help getting the kids ready for school means that I will be back to getting up early again. I miss my early mornings and I find it much easier to go for a run first thing in the morning before the rest of the house wakes up.
- I will eat more frequently. Meal times are likely to be at normal people meal time and not just snacking whenever people are hungry which in my case happens to be very infrequently.
- I will go back to menu planning of sorts and prepare meals in advance or put something in the slow-cooker meaning dinner will be ready when I get home from work instead of running around last minute only to realise that there is actually nothing edible in the house.
- The eating of real meals at meal time and menu planning will mean that we will have to get more organised with food shopping. Despite not knowing when this will actually take place, I am looking forward regular shopping trips and knowing what food is actually in the house and being more organised.
- The kids, girl-child in particular will be very happy to be back amongst her friends. Juggling full time work makes it difficult to co-ordinate play dates with their friends and she has been pining for her friends.
- Boy-child is actually looking forward to school. His excitement may not last but for now I will run with it and celebrate his exuberance.
- School uniforms. Despite girl-child not actually wearing a proper school uniform often, the simple fact that she is wearing a uniform for at least 7 hours a day means at least a few less costume changes each day.
- Going to bed at proper bed time. The kids will be eased back in to their old routines of going to bed at a reasonable hour each night meaning they won’t be tired and grumpy when they wake up because despite what time they go to bed, they always wake around 7.
- Work should settle into some sort of manageable insanity!
- With school back and work settling down I will (hopefully) get a chance to take some time off.
- I miss wandering through the neighbourhood. The holidays have been so manic work-wise that I really haven’t had a chance to just wander around the neighbourhood or go park hopping with the kids.
- School days means after school down time. I am really, really looking forward to many Friday afternoons spent relaxing with the kids, their friends and families in the park after school.
I could also probably write another post about why I don’t want the holidays to be over but instead I will attempt to have an early night, it is a school night after all!
This is my first time of playing along with Thursday Thirteen, head over here and check out some of the other bloggers who are also playing. The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!