Just for something new, the crazy busy continues in the superRelish house. I don’t imagine that I will be around these parts much in the next few days and here is a quick list of why.
- The Festival of Boo continues. Tomorrow is her actual birthday but I am working late so there will be gift giving and cake but not much more. She (and boy-child)will be dragged to work with me after school and then rushed home for dinner before taking boy-child to scouts. I had planned to write her a lovely letter (to post here, but I don’t imagine I will have time just yet).
- As the festival continues, I have to make some sweet treats to take to school for her to share with her class and since I am dragging her to work with me, I will bribe her with extra birthday treats to share with her friends at work.
- Right now I should be writing a funding application for a project I am working on.
- I have Halloween costumes that need to be finished but I can’t really do that tonight – I need to fit the jacket that girl-child will be wearing before I can do more on it, buy fluro green spray paint for the hat and find fabric to begin boy-child’s costume.
- My Reader is overflowing, almost at the dreaded 1000+ posts, even after I pressed the wrong button and hit Mark All As Read. Of course that was in the folder of all the posts that I really wanted to read so I apologise to everyone for not commenting on their blogs.
- And to make all of this much more convenient, I have managed to leave my laptop power cord at a work event last week and haven’t been able to find it. Now I have a pretty macbook paperweight!
- Of course along with this there is the usual guff that goes along with living in a house with other monsters people.
- Oh and I really should find where the birthday presents that I have bought and hidden from her. Fingers crossed I find them quickly, they really could be anywhere! I guess we need a birthday card too, I think I will delegate that job!
So there you have it, the reasons why I won’t be around these parts for a little while. When I get a chance, I will drop back with updates on my most recent adventures (titled the Kokoda Aftermath – the illness that lingers) and the adventures that I have to look forward to (Look out Japan, Here We Come – this time in 2 weeks we will be in Tokyo!)