All of a sudden first term is over and the holidays are upon us again. Normally that would be a time go stress about what the kids are going to do when I am at work, to try and find a balance between going to my parents for a holiday, playing with friends, joining in a holiday program and being dragged along to work with me. This holiday I am actually taking some time off. I will be working a day in the first weekend and a day the last weekend as well as a few random events that are kid friendly. I am really excited to actually have holidays so now it is time to do some research and find out what we can do.
First stop will be work related at the All Nations Picnic celebrating community diversity and harmony tomorrow. If all goes well, Sunday will be an adventure at Icehouse, the new ice centre in at Docklands to injure everybody for the holidays celebrate a friends birthday. From there we really have no plans but so many possibilities;
- Make the most of our Friends of the Zoo membership and head to one of the Zoos. It has been a while since we visited Healesville and Werribee is always a big hit. We could always visit the Melbourne Zoo again and along with 49 bajillion others, try to see Mali the baby elephant.
- Go back to the Museum and explore the rainforest gallery
- Explore Docklands and make friends with the dinosaurs
- Enjoy the sunshine and hit the beach
- Head to the Victoria Market to stock up on food for the holidays and say hi to the Easter Bunny
- Attempt to squeeze in a trip to the movies, either at the Sun Theatre or ACMI
- There is also Neighbour Day to celebrate on the last Sunday of March. I know the date clashes with a previous engagement but sure we can squeeze in another event!
- Of course we want to catch up with friends from all over that we haven’t seen in ages.
Good Friday will be celebrated at another picnic, this time at another local park where all the kids will run wild and take part in an Easter Egg Hunt. We don’t have any fixed plans for Easter yet but are contemplating traveling up to my parents for a mini-break if our new car arrives. Yep, we are currently in the process of getting a new car but the lease company is dragging it’s tail so the sale may not be finalised before the break. We will probably still go away even if the car hasn’t arrived but it would be make the 3 hour trip much more pleasurable!
Naturally, once we get to my parents, the kids will go nuts and make plans to visit all of their Yarrawonga friends and won’t want to come straight back. One of the few things that I have to go back to work for are in the second week, so I will have to make the journey home. With that will be a return trip to pick up the kids before the end of the holidays!
So much to do and so little time but for now I need to pack a snack bag and get ready to head to school to pick up the kids for an early finish and head to a class picnic to meet other families in the same class as girl child. Gotta run