So it is apparent that I am struggling with this whole blogging everyday thing already. I want to do my Weekly Winners but So You Think You Can Dance in on and friends are over to watch it with me so it would be taking multi-tasking to the extreme. So much so that I thought I would dig through the dozens of drafts sitting in the folder and find the easiest draft to update and call it an entry. Without looking too hard at all I found a meme that I don’t think I have done before, but if I have I wonder how consistent my answers will be? Anyway the meme questions, How Many Have YOU Done? and it is copied from a friends blog – my life by Bec.
It is nice and simple, you bold the things you have done.
1. Started your own blog. Once or twice!
2. Slept under the stars. In fact I asked out my first boyfriend during a sleep under the stars sleepout that involved a midnight wander. It was a relationship that was never going to last. In fact a mere few hours later I wandered back to where he was staying to say that I didn’t think I wanted a boyfriend anymore!
3. Played in a band. It wasn’t a real band but my neighbours and I had a band we called the Kool Kats and we would sing in our lounge room all day long.
4. Visited The Great Barrier Reef. It is on the to do list!
5. Stood under the stars in the outback, the real outback – think Uluru. Another on for the to do list
6. Given more than you can afford to charity. I would love to be more charitable, maybe one day?
7. Been to the Gold Coast’s theme parks – anyone, you take your pick. SeaWorld in 1988 after visiting Expo 88 in Brisbane. Awesome school trip!
8. Climbed a mountain. Yeah, in fact I once blogged about it – climbing Mt Macedon.
9. Held a praying mantis. I am a country girl, I grew up with them as pets!
10. Sung a solo. Only on Sing Star at work last week, does that count?
11. Bungee jumped, jumped out of plane, been paragliding or hang-gliding, hot air ballooning – you get the idea, you’ve been hundreds of metres about earth in a seemingly flimsy contraption. All of the above was on the to do list but now I am old, the closest I am likely to get is to go hot air ballooning.
12. Visited Melbourne. Um, I live in an inner suburb.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea. Over the sea but not at sea.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch. Not an art but crafty stuff – knitting, mutant crochet and sewing.
15. Had a child. Raised a child. Worked with children. Got 2 little mutants and work with more.
16. Had food poisoning. Thankfully no. Cast iron gut is good for some things.
17. Been to the Snowy Mountains. Through them briefly, not enough to actually constitute a real visit.
18. Grown your own vegetables. Currently only tomatoes and they are a fruit. I have grown enough veges to make a soup.
19. Visited the Brett Whitely studio in Surry Hills, Sydney.
20. Slept on an overnight train or bus.
21. Had a pillow fight. Yep, it isn’t as fun as it looks on tv!
22. Been backpacking. Only as a part of camping.
23. Taken a mental health day. Yep, I am over due for more.
24. Been buried in sand with just your head and toes sticking out. Yep, and when I was in Tokyo a few years back I had a sand bath. Essentially I was buried in hot sand with only my head above the sand, it was amazing.
25. Held a possum, kangaroo or koala – or any other native Australian animal. I did mention I was a country girl right, catching and holding native animals, insects and reptiles was kind of normal. Possum bites get badly infected!
26. Gone skinny dipping. Yep, a few too many times but not for many years.
27. Been in a fun run. Yep a few, another one coming up in 10 days, the Run 4 the Kids 14.6km and no training so I figure there will be little fun or running!
28. Been on the Blue Mountain cableway.
29. Seen a total eclipse. Not a total solar eclipse but a total lunar eclipse and partial eclipse of both solar and lunar.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset. Man-child proposed to me at sunrise many many years ago. I prefer sunrise and if I do go running will often see the sun rise.
31. Played, or watched, summer cricket. How can I be an Aussie and not play backyard cricket. Our rules; auto-wicket keeping, 6 and out, one hand one bounce and 2 bounces and a headbutt.
32. Sailed, kayaked or canoed our beautiful waterways. Fun. A canoe is on the latest Christmas wish list.
33. Seen the Daintree.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.
35. Visited an Aboriginal settlement or mission. No but I did see a cave painting a few weeks ago – amazing.
36. Learned a new language. Tried to, does that count?
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied. Is that ever possible. I would love to simplify things and want/need less but I fear I am too materialistic.
38. Toured the Sydney Opera House. Only the outside.
39. Tried rock climbing (indoor or outdoor), abseiling or just simple bush walking. All three, I go indoor rock climbing and abseiling every couple of weeks with work.
40. Visit Queensland’s Gallery of Modern Art.
41. Been to the Tamworth Country Music Festival.
42. Sunbaked at Bondi. There wasn’t much sun but I managed to get sunburnt at Bondi. So did boy-child who ran around starkers!
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant.
44. Visited Broome.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight. Yep
46. Been transported in an ambulance. I haven’t been transported but I have woken in one at a concert after fainting and having a bouncer carry me out, crashing my head into the door as he went through it and I ended up with a concussion!
47. Had your portrait painted. Does it count if it was by your kids when they were 5?
48. Gone fishing. Yep, and I am currently helping boy-child earn his fishing badge for Cubs.
49. Seen Tasmania’s old growth forests. If they are on the east coast I have, another school trip in year 10.
50. Been to the top of Q1, on the Gold Coast.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkelling. Only snorkelling.
52. Kissed in the rain. Not for a long time, I am far too old and practical now to be frolicking in the rain.
53. Played in the mud. I do love a good mud pie. I also remember mud wrestling with friends as a teenager.
54. Gone to a drive-in theatre. Yep, a great night out with a baby.
55. Been in a movie. In a doco and on the cutting room floor of a movie.
56. Driven the Great Ocean Road. Yep it is beautiful.
57. Started a business. Had my own costume design business for a few years.
58. Taken a martial arts class. Very briefly, I wish I stuck with it.
59. Visited Norfolk Island.
60. Served at a soup kitchen.
61. Sold Girl Guide biscuits. I was a Brownie and then a Guide so it makes sense that I would have sold many a biscuit.
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Got flowers for no reason. Yes, from a stranger whilst at work!
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma. I was told I was anemic and couldn’t donate. I’m not so I really should go back.
65. Gone jet boating. Yep, a country girl who lived near a lake and river.
66. Visited Port Arthur. Again, a part of a school trip in 1990.
67. Bounced a cheque. I don’t do cheques.
68. Flown in a helicopter. Only once, over the lake near home when the lake was empty.
69. Saved a favourite childhood toy. I have my first teddy, a collection of Barbies and quite a few dolls at mum and dad’s house still.
70. Visited the Australian War Memorial.
71. Eaten Caviar. Hated it!
72. Pieced a quilt. Only one, it was for my cousin’s year 12 assessment. Apparently she got a great mark for it!
73. Stood in Federation Square. Love the free wi-fi!
74. Been on the Murray River. That river I grew up near, it was the Murray, it runs through the lake a block from mum and dad’s house.
75. Been fired from a job.
76. Travelled, or climbed, over the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Travelled over.
77. Broken a bone. Upper arm, it seems to be a family thing. I currently have stress fractures in both my feet.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle. A few times, a few stacks off a 4 wheeler too, luckily at low speed.
79. Seen the Three Sisters at Echo Point, Katoomba.
80. Published a book.
81. Visited St Mary’s Cathedral, in Sydney. I’ve peeked inside, is that enough?
82. Bought a brand new car. It is far from new now.
83. Been to Hermannsburg. No but I have been to Moyston!
84. Had your picture in the newspaper. Very not flattering.
85. Read the entire Bible. Maybe one day.
86. Visited Parliament House.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. Can a yabbie be considered an animal?
88. Had chickenpox. TWICE
89. Saved someone’s life.
90. Sat on a jury. Yay, I am exempt!
91. Met someone famous. Yeah, I worked in the wardrobe dept of a tv series for a while when I was at uni.
92. Joined a book club.
93. Lost a loved one. Too many.
94. Saved a pet. Does it count as saving a pet if they were adopted from the shelter? If so, 5 times.
95. Been to the site of the Eureka Stockade. Yep and planning to take the kids there one day soon.
96. Swum in The Whitsundays.
97. Been involved in a lawsuit.
98. Owned a mobile phone. I think this point is irrelevant now!
99. Been stung by a bee. Only once luckily, hooray for allergies!
100. Read an entire book in one day. The perfect way to spend a day.
So there you go, more random bits of stuff about me. 54 more random things about me and another lame post!