Here is a meme from over at Chatabox and since Ash isn’t so good at following the rules, I have decided to tag myself and then not tag anyone else also. Despite not following the rules, I will copy the badge.
<— See, isn’t it pretty.
The rules for this award are to tell your readers 10 things about you that are true, that they might not know. Then you have to tag 10 other bloggers to do the same. Apart from the tagging of other people, I am ready to go…
As the majority (of the few) people who read this don’t know me in real life, pretty much anything I say will be a new fact. So, here are some random or weird facts about me…
1. Thanks to Anna and Mari, I like bi-phasic sleeping (even if they don’t). I like to nanna-nap whenever possible, although unlike most nanna’s, I prefer to have my nap at around 7 or so at night. I set my phone alarm for an hour after I lay down and drift off to sleep. By having my nanna-nap, I have more time to get things done as I can stay up later without getting grumpy or too annoying. When I nanna-nap, I feel fantastic after 4 1/2 to 6 hours sleep a night, without a nanna-nap I need 7 1/2 or 9 hours (8 hours wrecks me). If only I had time to actually have a nap.
2. I am a morning person. I actually like getting up early in the morning. I love having a few minutes to myself in peace and quiet to do nothing or to plan my day. Mornings are even more enjoyable when I have been nanna-napping and don’t need to sleep as much.
3. I moved out of home when I was 17 to go to college, it was the first time I moved house. In the following 10 years I moved 13 times, over 3 countries. (Some were only mini-moves to allow for renovation repairs)
4. I am gluten and lactose intolerant and addicted to chocolate. Yes I DO know that chocolate contains lactose, but there is only so much I can not eat. For some chocolate I am willing to tolerate the consequences.
5. I have the attention span of a doorknob. I get bored very easily and my mind wanders. I often find it difficult to do nothing.
6. I am jealous of friends who can live in a permanent mess. I find it liberating to be with friends who are comfortable having stuff/mess/junk everywhere yet are happy having people visit without feeling the need to justify the mess, make excuses or even acknowledge that the house is messy. I hate having mess around me, I can’t relax knowing that there is mess that needs cleaning, yet I am often too tired or lazy to bother so I end up just being grumpy.
7. Despite #6, I have boxes of stuff that needs sorting, cleaning and getting rid of, I just can’t bring myself to do it, probably because having to go through it all will make more mess. Right now it is stacked neatly in piles in cupboards so I can almost imagine that it is clean! Well all except for my study and that is just too messy to describe.
8. If I haven’t whined about it over and over yet, I will – I am now working 5 days a week. I still do school drop off, pick up and after school activities, now I get to go to work every day too. I haven’t quite worked out the whole domestic aspect of this concept yet. I see #6 becoming a more regular feature around here and me being grumpy and intolerant.
9. Now that I am stuck on a cleaning rant on this meme I may as well stick with it for one more point. I hate vacuuming. I have an amazing ability to injure myself when I vacuum. Most often these injuries occur on or around the stairs yet somehow they seem to be the areas that require frequent vacuuming and did I mention that I HATE vacuuming?
10. I want to be a runner. I don’t want to run fast, although that would be nice, I merely want to be able to run for more than 3 seconds without complaining. I also want to be able to run during daylight hours, I hate people seeing me run, even if I haven’t turned beet red at the thought of exerting myself.
So there you have it, 10 very random facts about me. Now who should I tag? Oh that is right, I am following Ash and letting you tag yourself if you want to share some random.
I guess since I have referred to them, I should tag them,
and here are a few more
These are from some of my favourite blogs and are in my ‘must read’ folder. Like everyone else, I read heaps of blogs, but couldn’t tag everyone. Feel free to tag yourself.