So I mentioned in my last post that I have some bloggy goodness to celebrate and share. First off, Lea from over at the Whites in New Zealand I have been tagged to do ‘8 Things’, so here goes
To do list (i.e. “the rules”):
1. Mention the person who tagged me.
2. Complete the list of 8’s.
3. Tag 8 bloggers & tell them I tagged them.
Eight things I am looking forward to:
1. Becoming an Aunt in October.
2. Enjoying part of the long weekend as a DINK and then the remainder with extended family.
3. Surprisingly, I am looking forward to working part of this weekend.
4. Being a DINK and going out for a birthday dinner tonight and not having to consider getting home early to the sitter. Did I mention pre-dinner drinks tonight?
5. Welcoming Pommy Boy back to Melbourne.
6. Birthday cakes – a friends tonight, Pommy Boy’s tommorrow and Lil Sis’s on Sunday.
7. Sleeping in and not waking to a bomb site
8. Meeting heart friends soon, but not soon enough.
Eight things I did yesterday:
1. Got to see Billy swimming and causing trouble in-utero (all appears to be well at this stage)
2. Facilitated a soccer program for local kids who know much more about soccer than I do.
3. Intervened in a heated discussion amongst primary school students about who has the best religion.
4. Played netball badly and lost. We were robbed I tell you!
5. Was cajoled into having a full body massage – free of charge! It is oh-so-tragic when a neighbour knocks on the door begging for your assistance, ‘Can I borrow your body, I have to practise for my exam on massage!’
6. Convinced my kids that it was OK to wag school for a day if you were going to go to nan and pop’s house for a holiday. It was actually harder than I anticipated.
7. Sat around listening to a bunch of guys trying to sing along to songs from their glory days.
8. Laughed (a lot) at the word substitution that was taking place in above mentioned songs when they forgot the lyrics.
Eight things I wish I could do:
1. Find some time to craft and create.
2. If I find time to craft, find a way to ensure that I don’t leave a whirlwind of disaster in my wake.
3. Say no to unreasonable or unrealistic people and requests.
4. Go on a holiday and totally relax.
5. Wake up one morning and find that my bathrooms have been renovated.
6. Teach the geriatric cat that there are better places to sleep than on my head.
7. Eat wheat and dairy products without ill effects.
8. Get a really great camera and learn how to use it.
Eight shows I watch:
5. Satisfaction – well I have started to watch the first few eps and loved it, I must borrow the series
6. True Blood – I need to borrow this series too
7. Doll House – when I get time to watch/stream a series that isn’t here yet
8. Dr Horrible’s Sing Along Blog on my iPhone whenever I get the chance.
Eight favorite fruits:
Eight places I’d like to travel:
1. New York (again – unfinished business)
2. Tokyo to visit friends
3. Thailand to explore and to totally relax
4. Bali – I think I am the only Aussie who hasn’t been there
5. Florida, something about gators and swamps and lots of retirees fascinates me
6. New Zealand, revisit favourite places in the North Island and begin exploring the south
7. All around Australia, especially the top end
8. Realistic, I will go anywhere I just can’t afford to!
Eight places I’ve lived:
1. Tungamah, a tiny country town in north east Victoria
2. Pascoe Vale, in 2 different houses within a 10 month period
3. Kensington, for the third time
4. Ascot Vale, the first house I owned
5. Wellesley St Auckland
6. Blawenburg, near Princeton NJ for the a mere month
7. OK, I am clutching now – a serviced apartment in Flemington for three weeks when our house flooded and had to have a new floor laid and kitchen re-installed
8. I’ve got nothing else, but I spend holidays in Yarrawonga on the NSW/Victoria border, does that count?
People I’ve tagged:
In no particular order –
Lost in Smith Street (see you soon!)